Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2020

DR. MATTIE MOSS CLARK and the CLARK SISTERS • My Cup Runneth Over • 1979




I've been asked before: "Out of all the members of 'The Clark Sisters', which one do you like the best?"

To this question I'd always say first that I believe Twinkie is probably the most gifted and talented musician... but... out of all the 'sisters' in the whole Clark family... there has always been one soul that just kind of stands out more than the others to me... one with an exceptionally unique brilliance who truly has occupied my attention the most... it is the one who gave birth to them and taught them how to love Jesus and sing for Him above all else... the Queen of Detroit gospel... inventor of three-part gospel harmony... inspiration to countless many... Dr. Mattie Moss Clark... the one and only mother of the beloved Clark Sisters... singing here with her daughters on one of her absolute best songs... 1979... bless you fellow children... 🕊❤🕊











No comments: